Psycho

Wow! I absolutely loved this movie! It was the first time that I saw it and when professor Herzog showed excitement over those of us who didn’t watch it, I was more anxious to see it. Alfred Hitchcock used really good techniques to keep the audience attentive at what was going on. I loved all the long shots with no dialogue that he had. It kept the suspense going and it had me anxious at what was going to happen next.

I also liked the way that Alfred Hitchcock developed the story. The beginning of the film made it seem like the main character of this story would be Marion. The film starts off with her and Sam in a hotel room. She’s the one who steals $40,000 and the one that the police officer keeps following. We’re all focused on her thinking that the plot is about Marion getting away with $40,000. All to turn out that Norman is actually the main character and that Marion is simply one of his victims.

The shower scenes is definitely one scene that stood out to me. I loved that unlike today’s horror movies, Psycho isn’t so exaggerated. In the shower scene, you never actually see the knife stab Marion. It’s just constant cuts back and forth between the knife and Marion’s body. Today’s horror movies try so hard to make it real that it simply ends up looking so exaggerated. Also, even though this scene showed a murder occurring, you don’t see gallons and gallons of blood. We just see it mixed with the water but it’s not so much. And the music! It went perfectly with everything that was occurring.

This movie didn’t seem like it was too complicated to shoot. But the way it was shot was awesome. All those low angle shots to show the birds in that room were great. And then the close-ups on the eye were also good. I loved the overall plot of this story. I didn’t expect for Norman to have a double personality since throughout the film we always heard the “mom’s” voice. Hitchcock had me thinking that the mother did in fact exist. The explanation from the psychiatrist was also a good detail to include. It made everything make sense.

Definitely one of the best films out there!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

17 Comments

1. marvinb1228 Said,

December 16, 2011 @ 1:29 am

I agree with you about how today’s horror films overexagerate their death scenes to make em more gruesome like someone get their throught cut and suddenly it splatters all over the wall like someone threw a bucket of red paint on it.
    I didn’t like though that we get introduced to Marion and get immersed in her robbery just to find it is an excuse so she can end up at the hotel to die.
    I also agree with you that Pyscho had a different, more horror like effect with its camera work. When i saw the close-up of Marion’s dead unblinking eyes looking at me i felt really creeped

2. ichancico Said,

December 16, 2011 @ 10:08 am

I really liked this movie too! It was probably my favorite. The way Professor Herzog talked about it made it seem like it was going to be good, and it was!
    I loved the techniques Alfred Hitchcock used. It made it unrealistic, yet really cool at the same time. The different way it was filmed made it extra creepy.

3. cylogram.com Said,

May 29, 2014 @ 7:54 pm

Once you have your tray filled with objects, you are ready
    to play another game. There are numerous concepts and themes that will make the shower an exceptional event.
    This make take a bit of background research because you want to be sure you are
    speaking with someone who is giving expert advice customized
    to the specific health needs of your little one.

4. ชุดไปงานแต่ง Said,

June 6, 2014 @ 11:09 pm

It’s enormous that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made at
    this place.

5. ทัวร์สิงคโปร์ Said,

June 6, 2014 @ 11:11 pm

What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I
    have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me
    out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist different
    customers like its aided me. Good job.

6. ขายบ้านเดี่ยวระยอง Said,

June 7, 2014 @ 5:08 am

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this
    website is truly nice.

7. ทัวร์ยุโรป Said,

June 8, 2014 @ 1:02 am

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her
    ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched
    her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is
    completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

8. ทัวร์ฮ่องกง Said,

June 8, 2014 @ 5:53 am

Good day! I could have sworn I’ve visited this blog before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it’s new to me.
    Regardless, I’m definitely delighted I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

9. ทัวร์ญี่ปุ่น Said,

June 8, 2014 @ 8:35 am

Your style is very unique in comparison to other folks I have
    read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you’ve got the
    opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this
    web site.

10. ทัวร์เวียดนาม Said,

June 8, 2014 @ 9:06 pm

Heya superb website! Does running a blog similar to this require a great deal of work?
    I’ve no understanding of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you
    have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off subject nevertheless I simply had to ask.
    Cheers!

11. tv Said,

June 12, 2014 @ 6:14 am

What’s up, its fastidious post concerning media print,
    we all be aware of media is a wonderful source of data.

12. Consequences of drunk driving in Quincy MA Said,

June 19, 2014 @ 8:30 am

I quite like looking through an article that
    will make men and women think. Also, thank you for allowing
    me to comment!

13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGaMxogw1k Said,

June 20, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

This piece of writing will help the internet visitors for building up new website
    or even a blog from start to end.

14. drunk driving law firm Said,

June 30, 2014 @ 3:32 am

It’s remarkable in support of me to have a web site, which is good designed
    for my know-how. thanks admin

15. farmville 2 hack no survey download Said,

July 22, 2014 @ 5:31 am

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Great work!

16. free skype credit voucher code 2013 Said,

August 23, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
    previous to and you’re just too wonderful. I actually like what you
    have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say
    it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.

17. click through the following page Said,

April 27, 2017 @ 8:43 am

click through the following page

Jessica Angel » Psycho